Thinning and balding hair happens to the best of us. Although there should be no reason to be ashamed, hair loss can impact our self-image negatively.
Fortunately, a range of treatments is available to stimulate natural hair regrowth or to transplant hair when necessary. These include both surgical and non-surgical treatments.
What Is PRP Treatment?
PRP uses cutting-edge technology to stimulate hair growth naturally. This is a non-surgical procedure that’s both quick and painless. Specialists draw a small quantity of your blood that is placed in a centrifuge to separate the protein-rich platelets that are the natural stimulants for hair growth. When ready, these platelets are injected into the areas of thinning to reinvigorate the hair follicles and subsequent growth.
Advantages of the PRP Treatment
- This simple procedure takes around an hour to complete. As surgery is not required, there is no recovery period necessary. You can complete a treatment during your lunch hour.
- Some people report almost immediate results in growth and thickening. However, standard results reflect within three months. This period is incredibly fast in terms of hair regrowth due to the natural hair life cycle.
- Specialists use your blood, so no compatibility tests are required. Additionally, no pre-tests are needed from your side before treatment commences other than consultations to determine the cause and duration of your hair loss.
- If you are using other treatments to stimulate hair growth, or surgical procedures to transplant your hair, PRP will speed or encourage the process.
- This process will produce lasting results. Booster treatments every three to four months ensure that your hair continues to grow steadily as long as desired.
Who Should Take Advantage of PRP?
PRP treatments are recommended for anyone with thinning hair or genetic balding. Incredible results have also been seen in patients with Alopecia areata and Alopecia universalis (complete balding). PRP is useful as a combined treatment with laser therapy, especially for anyone that experiences negative responses or allergic reactions to surgery. However, PRP is most effective when combined with additional procedures, including surgical implants.
If you are experiencing hair loss and would prefer a non-invasive treatment method, the PRP is one of the most advanced methods to consider. All of our patients are assessed individually so that the treatment matches the cause for your thinning or balding hair. If you want to know more about PRP, don’t hesitate to give us a call.